Updated: Mar 7, 2019
So this recipe works best with whole cuts of meat like a 2,5 kg piece of Meat.
Don't you just love the smell of coffee? So lets add that flavour to your braai ...
INGREDIENTS 1 cup ground coffee (ask your local coffee shop for the left-over unused coffee) 2 heaped tblsp paprika 1 tsp fine cloves 2 heaped tblsp fine coriander 2 tblsp oil (any type will do) Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees.
2. Mix all the spices in a bowl, except for the S&P.
3. Rub the meat with oil.
4. Pat the whole loin with your rub. Nice and thick, don't be shy.
5. Let it sit in the fridge for as little as 12 hrs & as long as 3 days.
6. Take the meat out from your fridge at least 2 hrs before grilling. You don't want to cook it straight from the fridge.
7. You want a HOT fire or grill when cooking this. Seal your meat on all sides. If it looks like your rub is burning ... let it, this will create a wonderful crust & if cooked on an open fire, that "burnt" ends will just add to the amazing smoke & earthy flavours you get from the coffee.
8. Season generously with salt & pepper & finish in your preheated oven until desired temperature (rare 45-55 C, medium rare 55-60C, medium 60-65C, anymore than that and you might as well go to Spur).
9. Let the meat rest for 10-15 min before carving. Season again with some salt and pepper & spoon over that nice "burnt end" pan juices before serving!
Let's Toast to that!