Farm style bread loaf
1. Stone ground, unbleached Flour - 800gr
2. Sourdough starter - 200gr
If you don't have a sourdough starter the recipe changes to
1. Stone ground, unbleached Flour - 1kg
2. instant yeast - 1 x 10gr packet
3. Sugar - 1 teaspoon
4. Sea salt - 3 teaspoons
5. Oil of choice - 1 tablespoon
6. luke warm water - 750ml
Method (this is a very easy mix, knead, rise & bake recipe)
1. Add flour, yeast, sugar & salt in a large enough mixing bowl & mix through
2. Add oil & water & knead for about 15 min. Until the dough stops sticking to your hands
If you don't have a sourdough starter the method changes to
1. Add flour, starter, salt, oil, water & knead for about 15 min. Until the dough stops sticking to your hands
3. Let the dough rise until it doubled in volume. The sourdough might take a little longer than with instant yeast.
4. Knock the dough down after it had doubled in size & knead it for another +- 5 min
5. Form the dough in a loaf shape the drop it in a large old school bread pan that you have buttered up nicely.
6. Let it proof till its about 2cm above the pan & bake at 200*c for about 40min Or try your luck in a webber.
7. Let it rest for 15 min before you slice it…….if you can withstand the smell of fresh bread.
You're welcome……now feast